CBS INTERACTIVE WINS NINE COMMUNICATOR AWARDS FOR ITS OUTSTANDING MOBILE OFFERINGS
Division also Nominated for Five Meffy Awards, Including Best Content for "60 Minutes" iPad app and CBS Sports Mobile, Best TV and Video Service for the TV.com App, Best Brand for CBS Sports Mobile and Best Mobile Web site for CBS.com
SAN FRANCISCO - June 6, 2011 - CBS Interactive today announced it has been honored with nine Communicator Awards for the outstanding mobile offerings developed by the CBS Mobile group. Winners were unveiled this week by the International Academy of the Visual Arts and chosen from more than 6,000 thousand entries received from across the US and around the world.. The Communicator Awards is the largest and most competitive awards program that honors creative excellence for communications professionals.
CBS Interactive was honored in the following categories:
• CBS.com Mobile Site - Mobile Sites - Entertainment
• Nikita Spy Training Game - Online Advertising & Marketing - Game or Application
• CBS News iPad App - Mobile Apps - News
• CBS Sports Pro Football - Mobile Apps - Sports/Recreation
• Movie Finder by Metacritic: Mobile Apps - Guides/Ratings/Reviews
• Star Trek Product Promo - Mobile Apps - Guides/Ratings/Reviews
• NCIS - The Game - Mobile Apps - Games
• The Amazing Race Game - Mobile Apps - Games
• Amazing Race Product Promo - Branded Content - Promotional/Branding
CBS Interactive was also chosen this week as a five-time finalist for the Mobile Entertainment Forum's (MEF) eighth annual Meffy Awards, the most established and coveted global awards in the mobile media industry. The Meffy Awards highlight the most innovative and successful apps, services, content, business models and technology from across the globe.
CBS Interactive was chosen as a 2011 Meffy Awards finalist in the following categories:
• "60 Minutes" iPad App - Best Content
• TV.com App - Best TV and Video Service
• CBS Sports Mobile - Best Brand on Mobile
• CBS Sports Mobile - Best Content
• CBS.com - Best Mobile Web site
The 2011 Meffys winners will be unveiled at the industry's premier awards gala in London on July 7, 2011.
About CBS Interactive
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. Its brands dive deep into the things people care most about across news, sports, entertainment, technology and business. Leading properties include CNET, CBS.com, Gamespot.com, CBSSports.com, BNet, CBSNews.com, TV.com and much more. With hundreds of millions of unique visitors from around the world each month, CBS Interactive is a global top 10 Web property and the largest premium content network online.
# # #
Tamara Woods 415-344-2381 email@example.com