THE DOCTORS Hits New Season High; JUDGE JUDY, JEOPARDY!
and THE INSIDER Tie Their Season Highs
CBS Television Distribution Claims 8 of Top 10 Shows in Syndication
FEBRUARY 22, 2012 – DR. PHIL is the #1 talk show in syndication, for the week ending February 12. DR. PHIL grew +6% week to week to a 3.5 HH AA% and was up +13% vs. the same week last year. DR. PHIL posted its best ratings since its September premiere week.
Also posting strong weekly results during the February Sweep was THE DOCTORS, which hit a new season high, up +6% week to week to a 1.7 HH AA%, and JUDGE JUDY (7.6 HH AA%), JEOPARDY! (6.4 HH AA%) and THE INSIDER (1.8 HH AA%), which all tied their season highs.
All three of CTD’s magazines posted positive results, with #1 magazine ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT growing +3% week to week to a 4.0 HH AA%, followed by #2 INSIDE EDITION, jumped +3% vs. the previous week to a 3.3 HH AA%.
Among off-network series, CRIMINAL MINDS set a new season high with a 4.0 HH AA% and was the #1 off-network weekly hour for the sixth week in a row. CRIMINAL MINDS skyrocketed +29% week to week and +18% vs. the same week last year.
CTD had 8 of the top 10 shows in first-run syndication:
Program HH AA% Distributor
1. Wheel of Fortune 7.7 CBS Television Distribution
2. Judge Judy 7.6 CBS Television Distribution
3. Jeopardy! 6.4 CBS Television Distribution
4. Wheel of Fortune – weekend 4.1 CBS Television Distribution
5. Entertainment Tonight 4.0 CBS Television Distribution
6. Dr. Phil 3.5 CBS Television Distribution
7. Inside Edition 3.3 CBS Television Distribution
8. Family Feud 3.2 Debmar Mercury
9. Judge Joe Brown 3.1 CBS Television Distribution
t. Dr. Oz 3.1 Sony
Source: NSS Galaxy Explorer week ending 2/12/12 or as dated. Live plus same day. HH AA% ratings or as noted. Excludes specials, breakouts and sports.