MAY SWEEP RANKINGS / April 26, 2012 to May 23, 2012
‘JUDGE JUDY’ RULES
AS #1 SHOW IN ALL OF SYNDICATION FOR THE MAY SWEEP
‘Dr. Phil’ Is #1 Talk Show of the Sweep by a +19% Margin
CTD Claims 8 of the Top 10 First-Run Syndicated Shows of the Sweep
LOS ANGELES – June 6, 2011 – CBS Television Distribution’s JUDGE JUDY is the #1 show in all of syndication for the May sweep. JUDGE JUDY grew +3% over the same sweep last year to a 6.9 HH AA%.
CTD strengthened its position as the daytime leader with DR. PHIL (3.1 HH AA%) finishing the sweep as the #1 talk show in syndication by a +19% margin over its nearest competitor. Season to date, DR. PHIL is also the #1 talk show.
CTD had 8 of the top 10 first-run syndicated shows of the sweep and led the talk, court, newsmagazine and game show genres.
ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT was the newsmagazine leader with a 3.6 HH AA%, followed by #2 INSIDE EDITION (2.9 HH AA%). Among game shows, WHEEL OF FORTUNE was tops with a 6.5 HH AA%. Fueled by the special “Power Players” tournament, JEOPARDY! grew +2% vs. the May 2011 sweep to a 5.6 HH AA%.
The top 10 first-run syndicated shows of the May Sweep are:
Program HH AA% Distributor
1. Judge Judy 6.9 CBS Television Distribution
2. Wheel of Fortune 6.5 CBS Television Distribution
3. Jeopardy! 5.6 CBS Television Distribution
4. Entertainment Tonight 3.6 CBS Television Distribution
5. Dr. Phil 3.1 CBS Television Distribution
6. Family Feud 3.0 Debmar Mercury
7. Inside Edition 2.9 CBS Television Distribution
t. Wheel of Fortune – weekend 2.9 CBS Television Distribution
9. Judge Joe Brown 2.6 CBS Television Distribution
t. Dr. Oz 2.6 Sony
# # #
Source: Nielsen Media Research, April 26, 2012-May 23, 2012, Live Plus Same Day US HH AA%