From the home office in Wahoo, Nebraska...
"Fun Facts About Gardening"
[As presented by First Lady Michelle Obama on the Tuesday, June 5 broadcast of the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, seen weeknights (11:35 PM12:37 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.]
10. Gardening was invented in 1822 by Albert Gardener.
9. Plant avocado, tomato, onions and cilantro together – grow a guacamole tree.
8. Eggplants were originally cultivated for use as doorstops.
7. In his lifetime, the average American will eat half a radish.
6. The largest zucchini ever grown contained a Starbucks.
5. Later this year, the Supreme Court will finally rule on “tomato” vs. “tomahto.”
4. If you have an actual green thumb, it might be scurvy.
3. Lettuce is 96% water and 4% lettuce.
2. The White House tool shed contains shovels, trowels and Weed Whacker One.
1. With enough care and effort, you can grow your own Barack-oli. (Holds up a large head of “broccoli” fashioned to look like the face of President Obama)
The LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN is a presentation of Worldwide Pants Incorporated. Barbara Gaines, Matt Roberts, Jude Brennan, Maria Pope, Eric Stangel, Justin Stangel and Rob Burnett are the executive producers.
* * *
Press Contact: Kim Izzo-Emmet 212-975-3820 firstname.lastname@example.org
©2012 Worldwide Pants Incorporated
All Rights Reserved
The radio broadcast rights to the LATE SHOW Top Ten for the United States and Canada have been licensed exclusively to CBS Radio by Worldwide Pants Incorporated. No person, firm or corporation may make any radio broadcast or authorize any radio broadcast of the LATE SHOW Top Ten or any portion thereof within the United States or Canada without the express written consent of CBS Radio.